Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Seattle


I had couple of days in Seattle, but my main objective here were to see a few friends.  I had a great time catching up with friends I haven't seen in years.  I also spent about 6 hours trying to catch the sights in downtown Seattle.  Although I thought I hated cities, I actually liked Seattle.  It's a different feel from DC, and also from NYC.  Not sure how to describe it, but I could see myself living there.  Maybe someday I will try a West Coast city.  Who knows. 

My 6 hour whirlwind tour of Seattle started with a monorail ride from the Space Needle and a short walk to the Central Library.  It was a very nice library.  Then over to Pioneer Square for the highly recommended Underground Tour.  For those who did not know, the city of Seattle was once an underground city.  This tour gives you the history of the place and how it came to be underground.  It's a pretty neat tour.  Afterwards, my friend & I headed over to Pike Place Market.  It's an indoor market with lots & lots of shops, but neither of us needed to buy anything so we left after getting suckered into buying smoked salmon.  We headed back towards the car via a sculpture garden, and then headed over in our car to see the troll before heading over to Bellevue for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment