Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Road to Alaska: Reston to Columbus

Today was the first of a 20 day odyssey to Juneau.  It was a ~6.5 hour drive (8 with stops) to Columbus, OH from Reston, VA.  It was a relatively painless drive, although I caught a cold so my nose was stuffy and I felt sleepy in the morning.  McDonald's and a coke at lunch helped for the afternoon. 

There was little traffic and road conditions were pretty good all the way.  However, there was fog, rain, snow, and 45mph winds.  Millie's walks at the rest stops were very short since it was pretty miserable being outdoors.  She has some new toys though, courtesy of her daddy, so she is enjoying them right now in the warm, cozy hotel room. 

Tonight will be a relaxing night.  Perhaps a movie on my new HP Pavillion with 17.3" monitor.  Tomorrow I head into Illinois, which was pummelled by the blizzard yesterday.  I am going to stop at my dad's for the night.  According to him, the skies were clear today and the plows were out.  Hopefully there will be no trouble getting to his place.

No comments:

Post a Comment