Thursday, February 3, 2011

Road to Alaska: Columbus to Springfield

Ice at rest area
Today was a 6 hour drive (plus stops) to my dad's in Springfield, IL.  It was supposed to be an easy drive today but I was sleepy the whole way.  I suck at long distance driving. I think I stopped at every rest stop along the way.  I'll have to make sure I caffeine up for the 10 hour drive tomorrow.

Road conditions today was actually pretty good.  Aside from the sun and snow blinding me, it was good driving conditions.  There was a short stretch of highway that had some snow cover, but mostly it was clear.  The side roads and such weren't so clear, but it wasn't too much worse than what we had back in Virginia last week.

I'm at dad's now waiting for dinner.  I skipped lunch (couldn't be bothered to stop in town to get food) so I am starving.  Chili mac for dinner.  And trying not to get hooked on NCIS marathon.  Gotta get up early tomorrow for the drive.

1 comment:

  1. another leg of the journey made: good! drive safely tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete