Monday, February 14, 2011

Road to Alaska: West Yellowstone to Liberty Lake


Now that I've had my vacation, I'm back on the road again.  Millie is also back with me so I am happy about that, too!  Today's drive from West Yellowstone, MT to Liberty Lake, WA was probably the most scenic drive yet.  I drove over several mountain passes with beautiful views.  The nice weather also helped.  With sunny skies, temperatures in the 40's, and evergreens dotting the mountains, it almost felt like summer.  Then I noticed the snowcapped peaks in the distance and it reminded me that I'm actually pretty lucky to have made it this far safely.  I barely missed the storm of the century when I first started the trip, and I did go through some dodgy weather along the way.  If I had hit some of that weather over these mountain passes, I could've been in big trouble.  I have one more long drive day to go tomorrow... and the weather isn't supposed to be all that great.  Hope my luck doesn't run out.

1 comment:

  1. glad to know that you are doing fine, D! good luck and drive safely!

    ReplyDelete