Monday, February 7, 2011

Road to Alaska: Livingston to West Yellowstone


Today was a short drive, about 2.5 hours, to my final destination for the week in West Yellowstone, MT.  There were moments where I had to drive through a snow storm when I was at higher elevation, and again I pondered how I would survive if I got stuck on this 74 mile stretch of road.  The road to West Yellowstone has a lot more traffic though than some of the other roads I took, so that made me feel better.

The hardest part of the day, though, was leaving Millie at the Doggy Day Care & Motel, which is about an hour and half North of where I am staying.  Initially I planned to have Millie stay with me in West Yellowstone, but since the park didn't allow pets, and I could not leave her in the hotel alone for prolonged periods of time, there would not have been much for either of us to do if she was here.  So I found this doggy care place that seemed pretty good.  I worried about her so much when I first left her there, but I got an update from the care taker on her activities for the day and felt much better.  Still, I miss her very much.

I've also been missing my husband very much since leaving on the trip, and especially so today.  Sometimes I wish I didn't have this crazy need to do crazy things that he can't always join me on.  Unfortunately I am who I am... a person who can't sit still.  It's just a shame I can't have it both ways where the person I care about is able to enjoy these experiences with me. 

Anyways, so I am feeling a bit lonely today, but I've got my hopes up for a good week ahead.  Few days of skiing, couple of snowcoach tours, etc.  There should also be plenty of time for some much needed relaxation with a good book or a movie.

1 comment:

  1. Cheer up, D! and let's hope you will feel a bit better after this short vacation from driving. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete