Monday, March 7, 2011

Back to Reality

After nearly 4 weeks of not working, and over a month of being homeless, things are slowly getting back to normal.  I started working last Monday, and also moved into my new place last Thursday.  Work so far is going slow, which is good since there's enough stress with getting settled in.  I'm probably about half-way through unpacking. There's also a lot of shopping that needed, and still need, to get done.  There's all the little things you want to buy new after moving - like dish rack, door mats, bath rugs, etc.  Then there's the big stuff I need to buy - sofa, split box springs, dining table.  My original plan was to downsize so I ended up getting a lot of stuff.  Turned out finding a dog-friendly place in Juneau was pretty tough though.  I ended up with another 3BR/2BA home so I really didn't need to get rid of things like I did.  Lesson learned - don't expect to downsize as long as I have a dog.  I suppose it's a good thing I found what I found though because my husband will also join us pretty soon.  We didn't have a solid plan for his arrival when I left, but now that he will be here sooner than expected, it's a good thing I found this place and not just a room.  Life will be back to normal soon - yay.  In any case, there's definitely extra space for visitors, so come on by!!

1 comment:

  1. good to know that all is slowly getting back to normal again. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete