Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year 2013!

Well, another year gone and boy am I glad because I have high hopes for 2013.  I was recently offered couple of jobs back in Virginia.  After all of the debating I did this past year on whether I really do want to move back, I finally decided that I do.  It helped that the job I took was about as good as it could get.  For starters, it's with the same agency (though different job), it's a promotion, it comes with relocation, and it's in an ideal location.  Most government jobs in Northern Virginia are either in DC or immediate surrounds of DC.  I didn't want to be that close to DC.  Where I'm going is actually really close to where I used to live, so I have many friends in the area.  It is also in the suburbs enough that it is more affordable and less congested.  I could probably afford a house with a yard for Millie. If I was ever going to take a job back there, this had to be it.

Although I will miss some things about Alaska, there's a lot I am looking forward to - shows, concerts, sunshine, more time with friends & family, traveling, etc.  I am really excited about moving back now!



No comments:

Post a Comment