Tuesday, July 5, 2011

The Chocolate Lily

Chocolate Lily
Chocolate Lily

One thing I did not expect to see in Alaska were so many beautiful wildflowers.  I didn't expect to not see any, but when you think of Alaska, you think of snow, mountains, bears, fishing, etc.  You don't say, "let's go to Alaska to see the pretty flowers."  Well, I was pleasantly surprised to find flowers everywhere here since the weather started getting warmer.  The trails are dotted with wildflowers, and many of the houses in my neighborhood have beautiful flowers growing in their yards.  I've seen so many types of flowers that I can't even begin to name them all. 

My favorite one so far though is probably the Chocolate Lily.  On a first glance, it looks like it's a flower that is withering away.  On a closer inspection though, it's a brown colored Lily!  Well, I thought it was cool anyways.  After all, what other brown flowers are there?

No comments:

Post a Comment