Saturday, August 25, 2012

Winter Is Coming....

Next weekend will mark the end of the summer, and I'm actually looking forward to the upcoming winter.  Don't get me wrong, it can be miserable here with the rain and the darkness.  I don't enjoy driving in snow or shoveling it either.  However, there's something peaceful about the winter here.  Maybe because all the tourists and fair weather residents are gone.  Also, this summer was quite disappointing with the frequent rains.  I made it out on a few hikes, but only to one new trail.  I didn't even make it out fishing like I had planned to.  Oh well.  At least I have a few trips coming up this fall - starting with a trip to Skagway (or Whitehorse) over Labor Day weekend, Maui in October, and home for Thanksgiving.  I always like change in seasons.  Too bad there are only two here as far as I'm concerned.

No comments:

Post a Comment