Friday, December 30, 2011

First Snowshoeing Experience



I got my snowshoe too late for the November dump, but we finally got some snow again this week so I took my dad up Salmon Creek trail today.  The trail is a nice wide one, with good fluffy snow, and  snow covered trees all around us.  We even had a bit of blue skies and a view of one of the mountains along the way.  It was a much needed reminder of why I came to Alaska.  Snowshoeing wasn't as hard as I expected.  It's definitely easier to walk on snow than without, and mine were light enough that I hardly felt like anything was on my feet.  I did trip over one foot or another a few times though.  Being the trailblazer might have made it more difficult, but luckily couple people  have been up on the trail before us and had somewhat of a path started.  I think we had cleared it even more for the people behind us.  Dad wasn't up for going the whole 2 miles one-way to the power house, but we did most of it.  He'll probably take it easy tomorrow so I'll grab a fitter friend and try another trail hopefully. 

Add caption

No comments:

Post a Comment